The Foothill Parent Teacher Student Association (PTSA) works on behalf of all Foothill students to support many important academic and enrichment programs.
Here are some examples of how your donation to the Foothill Enrichment Fund helps our school:
- Funding for Staff and Student-led Grant Requests for:
- Rolling white boards for AVID classes
- Professional development for Math teachers
- American Council on the Teaching of Foreign Languages (ACTFL) Conference
- Audio/visual materials, subscriptions and AP training for AP French and Spanish
- Class sets of graphing calculators
- Google for Education technology training
- Sustainability of Peer Advocates
- Paper, dry-erase markers and other supplies for departments in need
- Raised garden beds for Special Education
- Performance quality sound system for Chorale Program/Vocal Jazz
- Innovative and engaging breakout materials for Engineering
- Equipment and supplies for Culinary Arts
- Up-to-date, diverse, and engaging English novels for all grades
- French novels for French V
- Fall musical production of "Avenue Q: School Edition"
- Supplies for Health Office
- Paint and construction materials for track shed restoration Eagle Scout project
- Motors, batteries, chargers, field elements for Robotics Club
- Supplemental funding for Foothill Latin Club's Nat'l Latin Exam
- "We the People" professional development for 2 Civics teachers
- IOT (Internet of Things) engineering equipment
- Art Attack student art exhibit
- Cameras and campus security system to help keep our campus safe
- Naviance, an online college and career readiness system that helps students match their strengths and interests to post-secondary goals, thereby improving longer-term outcomes
- Challenge Success professional development for staff
- Support for new Falcon-Flex period student tracking system
- Scholarships for 2- and 4-year college bound seniors
- Hydration Stations so our students have access to refillable chilled/filtered water, and inventory of reusable water bottles for the Student Store
- Funding for bus passes for students in need
- SAT/PSAT prep classes
- School-to-home communications (TalonTalk eNewsletter)
- Reflections, a student recognition program to support studentcreativity
- Welcome program for students and families new to Foothill
- Principal's Friday Forums so parents receive updates firsthand from principal
- Fundraising efforts via Comedy Night, Jersey Mike's Big Game Fundraiser, Jamba Juice, eScrip, Amazon Smile
- Project-management and volunteer coordination for online and Walk-Through Registration, Teachers Appreciation Luncheon, and other school activities
... and more.
As an all-volunteer, non-profit 501(c)(3) organization, we rely on generous donations from parents and the Foothill community.
This is our only direct appeal for the year, and 100% of your donation dollars benefit Foothill High School as opposed to PPIE funds which are allocated district-wide.
Suggested donation per family is $200.
Your donation is tax-deductible to the full extent provided by law. No goods or services were provided in exchange for your contribution. Foothill PTSA is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization TAX ID: 35-2535720